Therapeutic massage incorporates a variety of advanced modalities that enhance the body’s natural restorative functioning. Light to firm touch is used to release tension, relax muscles, increase blood and lymph circulation, and impart a sense of calm. Therapeutic massage can be used as a collaborative, supportive addition to conventional medical treatment of illness and injury, alleviating pain and stress, aiding soft tissue healing, and revitalizing the body. Also, regular massage can enhance health, providing relaxation, release of muscle tightness, relief from anxiety and tensions, and balancing aspects of body/mind/spirit.
Some of the modalities and techniques you can expect to find in your customized therapeutic massage:
- Swedish Techniques: Effleurage, Friction, Petrissage, Tapotement, Vibration
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Myofascial Release
WHAT TO EXPECT
At the beginning of your first appointment, Marilyn, your massage therapist, will sit down with you and get to know you a little bit better—what sorts of things you spend your days doing, what your health history looks like, how you’re doing, what’s causing you any grief—and she’ll help you figure out in what ways her work can help you best. Your first massage is also a great opportunity for you to ask questions about anything that concerns you, or you’ve been curious about before the actual massage begins; and of course, you are welcome to ask questions at any point during the session.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing that is easy to change in and out of.
- If you have long hair, please tie up in a ponytail or bun, so Marilyn does not accidentally pull on your hair during the session.
- Ladies, keep makeup to a minimum, Marilyn may need you to lie face down during the massage, and your makeup could get smudged in the face cradle.
- Remove jewelry prior to massage, especially necklaces, bracelets, watches, earrings.
Arches Bodywork is operated out of New Jersey Center for Healthy Living; a private office in which we rent space on a need basis. We do not offer walk-ins. All sessions are by appointment only. To inquire about a session, please feel free to call, text or email, and we will contact you at our next convenient moment.
- 292 Bloomfield Avenue 2nd Floor
Montclair, NJ 07042
- Mon - Fri 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
evening and weekend hours available upon request